WHAT TO WEAR FOR AN INTERVIEW FEMALE 2023
The most important part of an interview is the beginning of it. That is, the moment we come in contact with the interviewer. How long does it mean? 30 seconds. Studies show that an experienced interviewer knows from the first 30 seconds whether the person in front of him has a chance of employment or not. Quick, isn’t it? Of course, a much better impression will be at the end of the discussion, but it is very important to “start right”.
Tips: the first seconds of the interview matter the most. The way we look at the interview is very important, the color and style of our clothes have the fastest and strongest impact.
So, we will talk about what to wear for an interview female 2023. The clothes we choose, as well as the body language send the first non-verbal messages to the interlocutor. Clothing and appearance are forms of communication.
It is a statement that we have heard before almost every important meeting and, most certainly, it is offered to us as advice (maybe even a warning) when we want to impress the person we are going to meet. In the case of a job interview, you can be sure that the first impression matters (one that, incidentally, may be the only opportunity to meet with the employer) so pay attention to every detail that builds your image.
Many, if not most HR managers and people believe that if a person dresses appropriately for a job, it fits. Although appearances are misleading, unfortunately, people still place a high value on first impressions and if you want to get a corporate job, or in a company whose dress code is very strict, you need to make sure you look right from the interview. A woman who comes to the job interview in a too casual outfit can be perceived as if her relaxed attitude translates into the attitude at work. It does not necessarily mean that you look frivolous if you are not dressed in four pins, but you risk being perceived as a woman who is too relaxed, lazy or too sensual for a serious job. Today’s business attire for women can mean that you are judged harshly from the minute you step into the interview office and what you say may be overshadowed by an inappropriate attire.
Before going to the job interview, try to find out if the host company has a dress code that must be respected by employees. To find out these details, you can access the company’s website or a company page on social networks, where photos of different employees can be found. For example, if the outfit you find is an official one, predominant in certain colors, you will probably make a good impression if you try to adapt in this regard.
How not to dress for the job interview:
– Transparent shirts – totally excluded without a doubt. Under any shirt, wear leather-colored underwear. The rest, including the white underwear, are visible and it’s not at all clear what you meant by that.
– Sandals with socks – And not just sandals, not just socks. In general, open-toed shoes do not look very good for a job interview, even if it is summer. Everyone understands that it is very hot, but still it creates an impression of superficiality. Especially if sunlight is reflected on the red nail polish on your toenails. Especially for men. Girls, even the most beautiful sandals should open the foot to a minimum. Better choose shoes, ballerinas or any other summer shoes but with a closed toe
– Neckline – If there is no other way to get this job – here we go, of course, but maybe still without? All these blouses in which the last button subtly indicates the circumstances, all these blouses with deep necklines, all these dresses that look more like skirts, we beg you: leave them at home. At the job interview you need to look elegant but not provocative. What if the recruiter is a woman? She certainly won’t appreciate it, but if she’s also a director, you probably won’t appreciate it either.
Interview outfits for women
To go safe, choose to dress in something classic.
• A pair of trousers elegant enough, dark in color and a shirt, not necessarily white, together with a pair of shoes with a medium heel can be the perfect outfit for a good first impression.
• You can choose a classic suit, consisting of pants or a knee-length skirt, a shirt and a jacket.
• Choose wrinkle-free shirts to prove that you are an attentive and caring woman. If you choose a shirt that can be wrinkled easily, you can get to the interview with a different look than the one you had at home, even if you made sure before you left that your outfit is perfect.
• Simple, delicate and quality accessories will bring a little shine to your image.
• The perfect casual dresses for an office day can give you a special elegance.
A famous study says that 5% of hiring decisions is made in the first minute of the interview, and about 30% in the first five minutes. The results of the study confirm that the first impression matters, and by presenting yourself in a proper outfit you can increase your chances of success.