Skinny jeans were born somewhere in the ’80s, with the outbreak of rock trends. The madness of the jeans took over the entire world at that time and two cuts were part of fashion: either up to or very narrow, and the color very discolored. From then until now, these models are very popular, being comfortable and comfortable.
Are skinny jeans out of style? Currently, skinny jeans are the first of the most worn jeans models in several seasons, and do not seem to disappear very soon from the landscape. They are worn in different shades and, more recently, their tailoring allows anyone to build original outfits with their help. Worth to notice that skinny jeans are also very easy to match in any situations.
In Europe, skinny jeans have experienced a strong revival in both stores and sales, as well as in public preferences, when Topshop branded them on the British shelves, above all. Shepherdson is of the opinion that the association of trend with punk current “could explain why skinny jeans are so appealing to the British”. But for the rest of the world? When Alexander McQueen launched, in 1996, low-level trousers and trousers, the audience opened his eyes to pants and cuts other than those known. That moment is also associated with the skinny boom boom. Other than plain tights, skinny jeans were presented in a manner that helped them to spread anywhere and anywhere. There are enough theories, some of them even bold. “If you start looking, you can find skinny pants even in the 18th century at a Macaronis movement,” says Sarah Niblock, a professor at Brunel University, UK, specializing in visual culture. “It was the first British movement to use fashion for its subversive purpose. They used to wear molded clothes on the body. “Niblock thinks there may be a clear connection between Macaronis, cowboy, teddy boys (dandy inspired British subculture) to punkers.
Although, as far as current trends are concerned, they have been replaced by cut patterns a little relaxed, skinny jeans are still a go-to in the wardrobe of most women. The reason? They are flattering for any type of silhouette and, unless they are too tight (a contra-indicated thing because restricting natural body movements can cause back pain and other health problems), are comfortable and easy to wear (probably because we got used to them for so long).
Yet, in the sea of jeans either wide, either cropped, or retro-looking (all being trending styles) that the world is currently wearing, how do you still wear a pair of skinny jeans to look at?
It is good to choose the classic method of shopping for over-the-knee boots and avoid ordering online. This type of model must be tested beforehand to see how it sits on its feet. They should be sufficiently molded on the leg, not fall while walking and not very wide on the knees. If you want a safe option, choose a black suede model with a thicker heel or no heel. Models made of natural leather or other glossy material are more difficult to incorporate into an outfit so as not to fall into the trap of the vulgar and the cheap look.
Skinny jeans are subtle… I wouldn’t say they only look good on slim figures, but rather they generally look pretty good on tapered legs. This nuance is quite different. You can be round, with tapered legs, and skinny jeans will look pretty pleasing to the eye.
For example, if you are not round and yet the skinny is not the pants that make you look the most… This is explained by the thicker bone structure of my legs, which are otherwise quite short. I explain this nuance in the following paragraph.
So in short, it’s not a question of roundness that you have to take into account, but rather a question of proportions and bone structure of the leg. Whether you’re slim or curvy, skinny jeans may or may not be right for you! It’s not black or white from a certain number of kilos. And fortunately! This goes for almost everything in fashion. You have to stop thinking that all is well with the thin ones and that nothing is going on the rounds. On the other hand, the real problem is to find its size. On this subject, I had written an article on where to dress when you are a plus size.
Again, not necessarily. If you’re looking to lengthen your figure, I’ve already shared some key tips in the article on how to look taller.
For short and very tapered legs, it will be ideal in its high waisted version because it hugs the hips and lengthens the leg. If you lack shape in the buttocks, know that skinny push-up jeans are on the increase among jeans specialists.
It should therefore be remembered that skinny jeans give a result that is always more aesthetic and enhancing when you have a thin ankle, calves thin enough compared to the thighs. If the calves are thick enough and do not create enough “fuselage” (difference in volume between the top of the leg and the bottom of the leg), the jeans will not give the expected effect.
Footwear combinations with skinny jeans:
– Skinny jeans with loafers / moccasins – It is a perfect combination for quite warm autumn days. There are a lot of models of loafers in patent leather, suede, velvet, with or without details from which you can choose according to your tastes.
– Skinny jeans with over-the-knee boots – A pair of over-the-knee boots may be a good choice for bolder women. If you keep a simple outfit, they will look great with skinny jeans.
– Skinny jeans with ankle boots – Whether you opt for a pair of ankle boots without heels or those with thick or thin heels, they will go very well with a pair of skinny jeans.
– Skinny jeans and a jacket – Want to try a more avant-garde look? Wear a jacket over your skinny jeans. You can add a T-shirt, with or without sleeves underneath to make the jacket stand out. Heeled shoes or boots will look great with this combination and, of course, a pair of dark glasses.
– Skinny jeans with heeled shoes – It is perhaps one of the most stylish combinations you can make to enhance the outfit and get a very fresh look. Do not hesitate to make this choice that you can take towards the elegant or more casual style, depending on the clothes you take. Of course, skinny jeans make the best pair with heels by the simple fact that your legs will seem endless. Whether you opt for stilettos, heeled sandals or ankle boots, this combination will look very stylish and impactful. Balance the outfit with a wide top, whether it’s a t-shirt, a sweater or a slightly oversized jacket.
– Skinny jeans with sneakers – To choose a sporty-casual outfit you can combine skinny jeans with a pair of sneakers or sneakers. To get a chic casual outfit, opt for a longer black jacket, a trench coat or an oversized coat.
Skinny jeans: how to wear them according to your figure
If you are SHORT and SKINNY – You don’t have to make a tragedy out of the fact that you are shorter in height, only heels were invented! And, because you are cute, your figure will go great with skinny jeans. The first and most important rule: always wear them with heels, but with a shoe that does not contrast with the delicacy of your foot. You can also wear skinny jeans that reveal the ankle. And if you really want to wear shoes without heels, choose a model of high-waisted jeans.
If you are HIGH and WEIGHT – With such a figure you are either very happy or you are a model. Anyway, your only problem when wearing skinny jeans could be that you have much too thin legs. In this case it is advisable to choose skinny jeans in lighter shades, even pastel. Avoid jeans in shades of black or dark indigo, they make the leg even thinner. If you still choose to wear darker shades, attract attention with an opposite top in the shade.
If you have THICK THIGHS – In your case there are three solutions. The first is to wear a blouse-dress that covers the cuffs and highlights the waist line. The second is to wear skinny jeans in shades as dark as possible, which visually thin the thigh line. And the third solution is to highlight the thinnest part of your figure, to draw attention to the problem of the thighs.
TOP Mistakes To Avoid When Wearing Skinny Jeans
1. DO NOT wear classic skinny jeans – choose different patterns, color combinations, splinters, patches.
2. DO NOT wear skinny jeans only in casual outfits – wear them to office outfits.
3. DO NOT wear skinny jeans very light in color – choose darker colors more skinny jeans: black, gray, navy, green, purple.
No matter to match the color or the pattern , important is to feel good wearing it, and why not, as part of your wardrobe to be versatile enough to help obtaining in any day the desired look.