Believe it or not, you can be an icon fashion if you include in your daily wardrobe a pair of ripped jeans. So, are ripped jeans in style? Or in other words are distressed jeans still in style? Yes, definitely a big yes.
If you love to be different, if you love to be comfortable then a pair of ripped jeans could be a perfect solutions. No doubt that a pair of ripped jeans are so amazing for so many things. But, actually they are so desirable because they could immediately transform your usual outfit into a great one.
Before 1970, torn jeans were associated with less fortunate people, specifically the poor. The lower class of workers could not afford denim, so they could not take new pants, but were the ones they had until they broke. The truth is simple – long before people wore torn clothes as fashion items, they wore them as a simple necessity. The reality was reversed, and in the late 1980s, during the rock / heavy metal and punk era, ripped jeans became extremely popular and were worn as a sign of rebellion. Basically, ripped jeans returned with the fashion of the ’80s, including high-wasted overalls or pants.
Nowadays, you can find them everywhere, and the reason why consumers buy them and don’t make them at home alone, is because denim has become much stronger and harder to break (so that they look good). Everyone chooses their favorite models, but experts say that ripped jeans should not reveal much of the leather. In the end, it’s about aesthetics, style, hype, the extent to which you can generate trends and not necessarily imitate existing ones.
To choose the right model, you need to evaluate the capabilities of your body. This is because torn jeans models are designed for different women, and an incorrectly selected product can put you at a disadvantage. Thus, for women with lush and attractive shapes, high-waisted jeans are the most suitable.
Stylists also recommend paying special attention to cutouts, which can be located in completely different ways and which play a special aesthetic role. So, if you are attracted to classic ripped jeans, you should opt for symmetrical cuts that show some abrasions. It doesn’t matter how deep they are, because they will look amazing anyway. The most original options are jeans for women with interesting cuts, which can make up the entire model. However, you should know that the location of the cuts on torn jeans plays an important role, because with their help, you can easily emphasize the advantages of the body and can hide the defects.
Also, stylists recommend wearing ripped jeans both in summer, when it is very hot, but also in cool spring or autumn weather, as well as in winter, provided that the tears are suitable for the season. Of course, the more frank models, with deep cuts, are wonderful for a summer or late spring outfit. Regarding the color of the products, the favorite remains blue, but you can also pay attention to the blue, white and black ripped jeans models, as well as the ones with prints.
This type of jeans are suitable for all types of silhouettes and perfect regardless of the clothing style you approach. Depending on the things you match them with, you can have a casual or elegant outfit. Another reason why you can choose these jeans is the fact that they are very comfortable, original and stylish, being very easy to match. On days when you want to get out of anonymity, or you just don’t know what to choose for a day at the office or an evening out on the town, confidently choose a pair of ripped jeans. Torn jeans are not pretentious at all, which gives you the complete freedom to match and accessorize them as you like. Below we will show you some ways to behave and what you can match them with. Choose your favorite pair of ripped jeans and a pair of heeled shoes.
You can opt for a steamy blouse or a shirt. Choose a skinny or a boyfriend model in your favorite color. Depending on the season you want to wear jeans, you can choose between classic shoes with heels, sandals, ankle boots or boots. Accessorize your outfit with an elegant bag, jacket, coat or fur vest. Be elegant and feel good!
Do you want to feel good, to be fashionable, but also to be light? Now you have the solution with a pair of ripped jeans and a pair of sneakers, ballerinas or sandals. Depending on each season, you can adjust your outfit. Choose light blouses or t-shirts and don’t forget a leather jacket or a thin jacket. This way you will always feel good and you will have trendy clothes. Choose a small bag and enjoy the casual style every time you want.
The ripped jeans are a clothing detail for all silhouette types. So, more than true – indeed ripped jeans are still in style. It is important that when you dress them, you know how to match them so that you can hide the defects and highlight your qualities.
– Girls with thick thighs are recommended straight cut jeans. Try to choose a model with fewer holes in vertical direction. This will make you look taller.
– Weak girls can choose any pattern of broken jeans. But they will look best in skinny jeans with some cuts around the thighs and knees.
– Low girls need to avoid cuts and holes in the bottom of the jeans, they give a look distorted to the silhouette.
If you want to add a little bit of color to your picture, choose the bright-colored jeans. You can choose neon or even acidic colors. The rest of the garment must have a neutral, pastel shade to create a balance of look.
You must know that the extravagance of ruffled jeans is to make smoky feet, so it is recommended to wear them on the naked foot.
First of all, whether they’re broken or not, a pair of jeans must come perfectly to you. If you go for a more relaxed look, a boyfriend ripped jeans pair is a good idea. For an arranged, well-arranged look, look for a pair of perfectly molded jeans (but not so much that you cannot move in them).
Are you afraid your jeans will reveal too much skin? Look for a pair of jeans that have a layer of cotton cloth underneath the holes or with damaged, red, but not broken.
For a casual outing, a walk in the park or a coffee with your girlfriends, you can match the ruffled jeans with a vaporous and a warm top. Make the most of the layers and put on top a thin blazer. Fill in everything with a pair of ballerinas and a vintage inspiration bag. Are you a fan of accessories? Jewelry and earrings will do well if they take over the classic retro style, so you can even call your mother’s box to fill your look.
Sexy, in orange. Have you ever imagined that such jeans can fit well with a pair of heeled shoes and an elegant bag? Assort them with an asymmetrical blouse, possibly colorful, bold, and use accessories to give the look a sexy and stylish air.
The do and don’t for ripped jeans
- A small cut on one knee, with high-waisted jeans a little vintage of course
- Choose the right type of ripped jeans – Strange as it may sound, some tears on your jeans can benefit you more than others
- Jeans a little damaged on the knees worn with a very chic look
- Classic in ballerinas and satin blouse
- The cool thing about ripped jeans is the rock, wild, transgressive side …
- So when there is symmetry in trash, it’s not trash
- take into account the color matching, important for any outfit
- Ripped jeans worn too tight
- Make sure you keep the balance of the outfit by opting for the upper body as simple as possible (especially if the jeans have a lot of notches).
- The two large holes placed symmetrically on the knees, not that rock.
Reasons why you could, if you haven’t already, wear ripped jeans:
- a first reason to wear ripped jeans is that you want to be fashionable too. A first reason to wear ripped jeans is that you want to be fashionable too. There is no logic in this fashion, it just came up. Fashion has always changed. In addition to the classic jeans, which have always been worn and are still worn, being very practical, durable and beautiful pants, there have been other models such as: low-waited pants (and not only jeans); pre-washed jeans (which were treated in such a way as to obtain a softer fabric); jeans with “designs” (shadows, effects obtained with dyes); elastic jeans, the fabric of which also includes elastic fibers, which make them mold to the body; embroidered jeans; torn jeans.
- ripped jeans fit everyone, even the most plump people, being beautiful and fashionable.
- you can wear ripped jeans to stand out. Or maybe you won’t stand out at all, because everyone wears them.
- easy to match only if you have lot’s of creativity and as we said above, want to stand out of the crowd. On days when you want to get out of anonymity, or you just don’t know what to choose for a day at the office or an evening out on the town, choose a pair of ripped jeans with confidence. Ripped jeans are not at all pretentious, which gives you the complete freedom to match and accessorize them as you like. Below we will show you some ways to behave and what you can match them with.
- you can wear ripped jeans for a very long time, as long as they are “new”, but especially after they are still torn… This will save you a lot of money, even if their initial price is higher.
- they are very comfortable, original and stylish, being very easy to match.
- if you have a pair of torn jeans and there is an incident where they break, it is absolutely no problem. If you have suit pants that hang and tear, what do you do? With torn jeans, however, you are saved from the start…
- ripped jeans are suitable for all types of silhouettes and perfect regardless of the clothing style you approach. Depending on the things you match them with, you can have a casual or elegant outfit. Another reason why you can choose these jeans is the fact that they are very comfortable, original and stylish, being very easy to match. On days when you want to get out of anonymity, or you just don’t know what to choose for a day at the office or an evening out on the town, confidently choose a pair of ripped jeans. Torn jeans are not pretentious at all, which gives you complete freedom to match and accessorize them as you like. Below we will show you some ways to behave and what you can match them with.
- they very casual and comfortable.
- versatility – this is a crucial aspect and for a casual wear ripped jeans could be ideal. And ripped jeans have an incredible versatility.
- ripped jeans can be especially cool on hot summer days, providing extra comfort from this point of view. For this purpose, their ruptures must also be chosen carefully, ie they must be positioned correctly.
- gives you the complete freedom to match and accessorize them at will.
This type of jeans are suitable for all types of silhouettes and perfect regardless of the clothing style you approach. Depending on the things you match them with, you can have a casual or elegant outfit. Another reason why you can choose these jeans is the fact that they are very comfortable, original and stylish, being very easy to match. On days when you want to get out of anonymity, or you just don’t know what to choose for a day at the office or an evening out on the town, confidently choose a pair of ripped jeans. Torn jeans are not pretentious at all, which gives you the complete freedom to match and accessorize them as you like. Below we will show you some ways to behave and what you can match them with.
A pair of ripped jeans is fantastic due to their humongous versatility. Well, it is so true, their versatility is fabulous. Be smart and try to take some profit from that.
Indeed, those kind of denims are very much in trend. And this has been happening for many years. When you decide to enrich your wardrobe with a pair of ripped jeans take also in consideration the fact that all your pieces of the outfit are important. Try to be courageous, smart, simple and also very well balanced.
All models of ripped jeans attract the attention of girls, making this attribute of the wardrobe, this season, no less elegant and fashionable than in previous seasons. In summer, such a trend is the most preferred, because it is the one that demonstrates not only the unique style, but also the freedom of any image.
Many stylists insist that ripped jeans are one of the important parts of a style like grunge. But this does not mean that such a product should be worn only with similar things, because this season it is fashionable to combine clothes in different styles. Therefore, street and everyday attributes of the wardrobe can be easily tried.
How to combine ripped jeans if you are a women:
If you’re looking for a timeless distressed jean look, pair your ripped jeans with a simple white or black t-shirt. This classic combination will always be in style and is great for casual days out or for a night on the town. You can add an extra layer to spruce up this ensemble by wearing a light jacket over your t-shirt. For the shoes, sneakers are always a good option as they keep the outfit casual but still stylish. If it’s cooler outside, boots – either ankle boots or knee high ones – are also great options to complete your distressed denim look. Accessorize with jewelry like necklaces, earrings and bracelets to liven up your outfit even more! Finally, don’t forget to add a bit of color and style with a cross-body bag. With distressed denim, the possibilities are endless – so have fun creating your own unique look!
It is clear that ripped jeans have become an essential in almost everyone’s wardrobe nowadays. Whether it’s a casual day out with friends or a fancy event, ripped jeans seem to fit in everywhere. However, it’s the way you style them that really makes a difference. Do you want a laid-back and effortless look, perfect for coffee dates or hanging out with friends? Then go for a more relaxed and casual style with your ripped jeans. On the other hand, if you want to add a touch of sophistication to your outfit, choose a dressy style. With the right pair of heels and a trendy top, you can transform ripped jeans into a classy and fashionable piece of clothing. The choice is yours – so go ahead, decide your style, and rock those ripped jeans!
Have you ever tried on an outfit that just didn’t feel right, even though each individual piece was great? Or maybe you’ve experimented with different makeup looks that just didn’t seem to suit your features. It can be frustrating trying to find the perfect combination of things that work for you, but the journey can also be a lot of fun. Everyone’s individual style is unique, so don’t be afraid to try out different combinations and see what fits YOU best. You never know, you may discover a new go-to look that makes you feel confident and fabulous.
The distressed jean trend is a great way to add some edge to your wardrobe. Have fun experimenting with different combinations of tops, accessories and shoes until you find the perfect outfit for you!
How to maintain ripped jeans – jeans torn a little harder to maintain than a normal pair of jeans. Already subjected to wear, signs of damage and discoloration processes, torn jeans become sensitive and require extra attention if you want to wear them for as long as possible. On the jeans label you will find some important information related to washing and ironing that you must take into account. Each manufacturer proposes a certain temperature at which the fabric is not affected, or affected as little as possible. The easiest way to maintain them is to protect them and wash them as rarely as possible. After all, ripped jeans are not everyday jeans in the classic durable indigo denim that can withstand long-term wear. Immediately after wearing, pack them and put them on the shelf or on the hanger, making sure they have enough space and do not cling to other details of the other clothes on the hangers. Avoid as much as possible staining your jeans, hanging them or pulling on the fabric. Observe the washing temperature indicated by the manufacturer and choose the programs for delicate fabrics of the washing machine.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Wearing Ripped Jeans
There’s no denying that ripped jeans have become a popular fashion trend. Some people love the edgy, laid back look they provide, while others argue they are impractical and unprofessional. One of the advantages of wearing ripped jeans is that they can add personality to an outfit, giving you a unique sense of style. Additionally, they can be comfortable, allowing for more freedom of movement. However, one of the disadvantages is that they tend to wear out quickly, meaning they may not be a practical investment for your wardrobe. Additionally, they may not be appropriate for some situations, such as job interviews or formal events. Ultimately, whether or not you choose to wear ripped jeans is a personal decision, but it’s important to consider the advantages and disadvantages before making a final choice.
Traps to avoid:
Being stylish in ripped jeans is less obvious than it seems. Unlike other denims, these pants don’t go with everything! We give you our advice to avoid the whistle of the fashion police:
-Too many holes, kill the hole. Before getting started, you have to choose the right jeans. We avoid the one customized with countless holes just as much as the one with too large holes that transform the piece into shapeless and unnameable shorts/jeans! We leave it to teenagers.
-Bye bye the skinny. We opt for a boyfriend cut, or even straight jeans … the exact opposite of skinny jeans, second skin jeans.
-The flop with a tight top. The holey jeans already show a lot of skin. No need to add a layer in the suggestiveness with a hyper tight. A little blur on the silhouette will prevent us from sinking into the vulgar