Interview Outfits For Women
Are you thinking of looking for a job? Then, it would be good to analyze, as soon as possible, the offers available on the labor market. Thus, you will be able to take advantage of the autumn months, in which companies are extremely active in the recruitment processes, because they want to train and complete their teams for next year. The first step you need to do if you want a new job is to analyze the existing offer. Then, all you have to do is update your CV and apply for the right positions for your experience and desires. After a while, you will be invited (or invited) to job interviews. The first impression matters a lot in the case of a job interview, so be very careful with the clothes you will wear in front of recruiters. If you want to know how to dress for a job interview to make a very good impression on the people you are going to talk to, we recommend that you follow the tips below.
Interview attire – generally valid recommendations – Before going to an interview, try to find out if the employees of the employing company have a dress code that they have to follow. To find out how to dress for the interview, access the company’s website, as well as the pages it has on various social networks. In those places you might come across pictures with the company’s employees. If you can’t find pictures and it’s unclear how to present yourself at the job interview, write to those who invited you to the discussions and ask them to give you more details.
If you are not sure how to dress for an interview, choose something classic, such as a suit, consisting of pants or skirt (knee-length) and a jacket. For the shirt under the jacket, opt for the following colors and non-colors: beige, gray, white and black.
Many, if not most HR managers and people believe that if a person dresses appropriately for a job, it fits. Although appearances are misleading, unfortunately, people still place a high value on first impressions and if you want to get a corporate job, or in a company whose dress code is very strict, you need to make sure you look right from the interview. A woman who comes to the job interview in a too casual outfit can be perceived as if her relaxed attitude translates into the attitude at work. It does not necessarily mean that you look frivolous if you are not dressed in four pins, but you risk being perceived as a woman who is too relaxed, lazy or too sensual for a serious job. Today’s business attire for women can mean that you are judged harshly from the minute you step into the interview office and what you say may be overshadowed by an inappropriate attire.
Here are the most important tips to keep in mind:
– Try on your clothes. In other words, it is not enough just to choose some pieces of clothing, you actually have to put them on yourself, to see if they fit you well in that combination and, especially, if you feel comfortable in them
– Dress according to company policy. One is to work in an advertising agency, for example, and another is to be employed in a bank. In some places, the dress code involves relaxed outfits, while in others sober, office outfits are preferable. Depending on the company profile, prepare either a casual outfit (shirt / blouse + pants / jeans / skirt + comfortable shoes / sneakers), or a more serious one (shirt + jacket + skirt / pants + elegant shoes)
– Do not overdo it with accessories. At the job interview it is preferable to play the card of minimalism and not to go to extremes. For example, instead of putting on ten bracelets that make noise every time you move your hand, choose one (or not at all). The earrings should be small, as discreet as possible: therefore, avoid the oversized ones or the chandelier type ones. It is important that the employer’s attention is focused on you, not on the accessories you wear
– Choose a comfortable pair of shoes. You will not feel in your waters at the interview if your shoes will tighten so much that you will not be able to talk about the pain. Not to mention the fact that you will be tormented and you will not create a good impression at all
– Choose a small or medium size bag, such as a classic purse or a cross-body type. Don’t come to the interview with an oversized bag, like the ones you wear when you go to the beach or shopping
– Limits the number of colors. Rely on nude tones, pastels or a monochrome palette: powder pink, beige, straw yellow, brown, gray, white, black. There is no need to distract everyone with the strongest neon green
– What are the safe choices for the job interview? White shirt (or any other discreet color), pants with a straight cut (or jeans), in a dark shade, jacket, office dresses, with a straight cut, over which you can put a jacket.
How not to dress for the job interview:
– Transparent shirts – totally excluded without a doubt. Under any shirt, wear leather-colored underwear. The rest, including the white underwear, are visible and it’s not at all clear what you meant by that.
– Sandals with socks – And not just sandals, not just socks. In general, open-toed shoes do not look very good for a job interview, even if it is summer. Everyone understands that it is very hot, but still it creates an impression of superficiality. Especially if sunlight is reflected on the red nail polish on your toenails. Especially for men. Girls, even the most beautiful sandals should open the foot to a minimum. Better choose shoes, ballerinas or any other summer shoes but with a closed toe
– Neckline – If there is no other way to get this job – here we go, of course, but maybe still without? All these blouses in which the last button subtly indicates the circumstances, all these blouses with deep necklines, all these dresses that look more like skirts, we beg you: leave them at home. At the job interview you need to look elegant but not provocative. What if the recruiter is a woman? She certainly won’t appreciate it, but if she’s also a director, you probably won’t appreciate it either.
One study shows that 5% of hiring decisions are made in the first minute of the interview, and about 30% in the first five minutes. The results of the study confirm that the first impression matters, and by presenting yourself in a proper outfit you can increase your chances of success.